Skip to main content

Walking in Faith: A Family Journey Through the Book of James


"But be ye doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." 


The book of James is one of the most practical and encouraging books in the Bible, inviting us to move beyond simply hearing God's Word to faithfully living it every day. Throughout this family Bible study, we'll explore what it means to trust God during trials, seek His wisdom, love others without favoritism, guard our words, and grow into mature followers of Christ. Whether you're gathered around the kitchen table, beginning your homeschool morning, or setting aside time for family devotions, our prayer is that this study will strengthen your faith, encourage meaningful conversations, and draw your family closer to the Lord. We invite you to walk with us through each chapter of James as we discover together what a life of genuine, active faith looks like.

Our Prayer for the Group

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for giving us Your Word as a light for our path and a guide for our lives. As we begin this journey through the book of James, open our hearts to receive Your truth and give us the wisdom to apply it each day. Help us not to be hearers only, but doers of Your Word, reflecting the love, grace, and compassion of Jesus in our homes and communities. Strengthen our families, deepen our faith, and teach us to trust You in every circumstance. May this study draw us closer to You and to one another, and may our lives bring glory to Your name.

In Jesus' name we pray,
Amen.

Documenting our Family's Progress 

Technology has thrust us forward at light speed it seems like. I am old enough to remember when our phone was attached to the wall. Over my lifetime, I always felt the urge to use the internet to reach the lost. I mean, If we can be in the living room with our loved ones who live across the country, we can also be in the living rooms of others who have not heard the, "good news." That is why I feel called to create and share Bible Studies with others, beginning with my own children.  

To keep this simple, for now, I am going to treat this blog post as a running one that I update, as we move along with our family. You can scroll to the bottom to get the latest chapter. I will share the update blog post each week on our social media page Ancient Path

To get us started, all the tech things must be established, as well as study times. For the next couple of weeks our family will start the process of doing this virtually, during our lunch hours. Also, we all will be praying over the study, and looking at the text during our time with the Lord. My plan is for each member to read and share with the other members what the Lord is speaking to them about the text. 

I am going to provide everyone with the Chapter's handout by emailing it to them. We plan to take about a week or so on each chapter. 

July 20th, 2026

Our Google Meet call was a success, with several joining in, to get us rolling. We were able to establish the date and time of our meetings, and everyone is going to be studying James Chapter 1 this week. This is the handout we are using for this chapter. I really love the Family Activities and Weekly Challenge on the Study Guide. I am also creating a Journal Page for each week to use as we study. 

Aug. 3, 2026

We have been meeting for our Bible study, each Monday, during lunch hour. I have updated this post until now, as most of our study time has been ironing out the technology. We have had some good conversations about Chapter 1, so my husband and I think we could move to the next chapter. 

Each week, I will update this post with the study guides. 

James Chapter 1 Journal Page

James Chapter 1 Study Guide

James Chapter 2 Study Guide

Happy Homeschooling!
**✿❀ ❀✿**








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lemon Balm Cone Flower Immunity Booster

"This herb should be kept in every gentlewoman's house…it causeth the mind and heart to become merry and driveth away troublesome cares."   17th-century herbalist Culpeper ~ Our Lemon Balm Cone Flower Herbal Immunity Booster A good herbalist will find many uses for one plant. Not that I like to consider myself a herbalist .. I despise labels! At any rate, lemon balm and cone flower both have immunity boosting properties. I have had this immunity boosting medicine in the works for some time now. It is lemon balm and cone flower and child safe. I plan on starting the twins on this in the fall in preparation of the colder months.   Our Lemon Balm is homegrown on our homestead. These are two year plants. Lemon Balm is easy to grow and does well in most soil. Our Lemon Balm was one of the first herbs planted in our garden. Cone flower is still in the works here. The ones we used to make our immunity booster were sent to us from some dear fri...

Homeschool Planning 8th Grade with a Christian Worldview

Eighth grade is an exciting bridge between middle school and the high school years. It is a season when students are developing stronger reasoning skills, greater independence, and a deeper understanding of God's world. As homeschooling parents, we have the unique privilege of preparing our children not only for academic success but also for a life grounded in biblical truth, wisdom, and godly character. In this series, I'll share how I plan an eighth-grade homeschool year with a Christian worldview at the center of every subject. From literature and history to science, grammar, and the fine arts, my goal is to cultivate a love of learning while helping students see that all truth belongs to God. Whether you're looking for curriculum ideas, scheduling tips, or inspiration for creating a rich and meaningful homeschool experience, I hope these plans encourage you as you faithfully equip your child for both the challenges of high school and a lifetime of serving Ch...

History of English Speaking People Vol. I The Birth of Britain

A Winston Churchill Book Study from a Christian Worldview One of the strengths of reading Churchill from a Christian perspective is recognizing that, while he highlights human leaders and events, Scripture reminds us that God is the ultimate author of history . Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; like the rivers of water, He turns it wherever He wishes. The Birth of Britain  by Winston Churchill is the first book, in a series of four, that we are going to be using as the spine of our history curriculum. We purchased ours off Amazon here:  The Birth of Britain Geography is woven into our history study. So, we will be looking up places on maps as we go.  For the purpose of the blog, I am going to share these resources in a six volume set. Volume I – Britain Before England Introduction – Chapter 4 Introduction Chapter 1: Britannia Chapter 2: The Roman Province Chapter 3: The End of Roman Britain Chapter 4: The Lost Island Focus: Celtic Bri...