Garden Schooling on the Homestead 2020


Online is a tough place to be right now. So many hurting people. This momma here really needs to guard her heart from all the noise. There is much important work to do. 🕊

Above all else, guard your heart, ❤
    for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

I do not have any plans to be on social media for the summer, but I still needed a place to share our sweet memories and this seems like the right place to do it. 

Garden Schooling on the Homestead


Our garden is growing and so are we. We have been keeping a small garden for two years now, only two raised beds. It has been a work in progress for many years. The garden patch was heavily wooded when we started and had to develop the whole thing. 

This Spring we finally closed it up. Since the garden was closed we could finally grow as much as we wanted to without worrying about losing anything to the animals. 🌱

Since our winter was so mild, we have had a terrible time with grasshoppers this year. Some plants are completely destroyed, but we keep going ... and keep learning. Overall, I would have to say we are doing great for our first year. 🕊


Food Preserving on the Homestead

What else are we doing this summer? ....food preserving. I am planning a pantry challenge this winter, where we live only out of our pantry for two months. I have done a lot of things in life and feel like I am intelligent, but let me tell you that food prepping makes my head hurt. 🤣 There are so many things to considered, and canning is a complete Science in itself. 

The pickled eggs probably won't make it to the winter ... unless I hide them. 🤔 Here is the YouTube University we went to when we learned how to make them. Pickled Eggs

Also, I am buying meat in bulk, on sale, cooking and vacuum sealing dinner portions. Today, I cooked and sealed a weeks worth of meat. We eat a lot of soups in the winter time. All these portions will go inside soups. Since the are precooked, even if our power ever goes out ... we will be eating good. 😁

So, I'm still here friends. Just in a different way for a time. 🦋 I still get notifications when you message me on Ancient Path's business page and you can always shoot me an Email 

Final thoughts: My deepest wish is to make it out of the Summer with clean hands and a pure heart. ❤

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Mathew 5:8 🕊


For information about Homeschooling or Homesteading products Ancient Path offers, we would love it very much if you took a look around our Etsy Shop. Our family is so grateful for all of you who have supported us over the years. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts